The Future Comes to Town
While driving yesteday afternoon, my passenger and I spotted this pair of super-secret Toyota prototypes crusing the Harbor Area. Over the years, I've seen a lot of cars get their first public rides in Pedro, does any one know why they test here? I was figuring because it's close to the port, for easy transport to Japan, but what do I know?
7 Comments:
as these rides are covered in leather i can only assume that they intend to market them to the S/M community, or they are prepping for chapter four of the Road Warrior films (Mad Max: Fury Road (in production))...anyone seen George Miller at SPBC or Rex's?
that's just too weird because i was going to make a blog entry about seeing one of those cars last week on my way home from home depot. one of the stranger things i saw that week. pretty fugly.
I remember when they were testing all of the "we've gotta have a SUV too!" luxury vehicles in town. There were these wierd highly guarded caravans of black soccermom-tanks crusing around Pedro for months. Unfortunately, the cloth coverings aren't leather, they are some kind of space-age fabric, one that eludes radar(?) and makes them stand out. I wouldn't have even noticed if they weren't under the covers. Who would notice just another new car driving around?
It was wierd, too, cause I saw a lot of odd cars yesterday. Downtown, leaving Aaron White's studio, I saw an Alfa Romeo hatchback/70's mobile. And I also saw, later in the afternoon a parked Lotus Elan, my favourite mid-rear vehicle from the Grand Turismo series of Playstation games.
they test them in San Pedro because they know that no one will ever photograph them down here. but now you're ruined that for all of us. bastard.
The guy in the car gave me the biggest sourpuss face when I pulled up alongside him. He probably thought I was some spy from Car and Driver, since I had the big camera with me. I wonder if I could sell those photos... I could be rich... Rich beyond my wildest dreams...
Jeepers wrote:
they test them in San Pedro because they know that no one will ever photograph them down here.
I guess nobody told 'em that John Retsek lives here.
Maybe they are letting him drive them, on occasion. He seems to have access to every corner of the automotive world.
Post a Comment
<< Home