Polish Your Bargain Boots, Soldier!
There will be bombs, tanks, guns and slightly used chem warfare gear for sale over at the Ft. McArthur parade grounds this Saturday, for their annual yard sale. I'm hoping to pick up a couple of de-commisioned geiger counters for my upcoming trip to Trinity Site, but I have a feeling that it's just going to be the usual yard sale goods of the families that live at the Fort.
Saturday, June 4
0800 - 1400 (that's 8- 2 to us civilians)
At the Fort McArthur Parade Grounds
I'm going just to check out the Fort, since it seems pretty much off-limits to the public since 9-11 (probably because the #1 Al Queda target is residental military housing in suburban Los Angeles. Be Safe! Be Secure!).
Update - I went to the yard sale and scored a $1 copy of Ralph Bakshi's Wizards! Woo Hoo, although I did get beat to a lucrative bulk LEGO purchase by some kid and his mother. The image below is of one of Ft. MacArthur's many spare artillery pieces. Man is the parade ground some well kept, toally unused acreage!
Saturday, June 4
0800 - 1400 (that's 8- 2 to us civilians)
At the Fort McArthur Parade Grounds
I'm going just to check out the Fort, since it seems pretty much off-limits to the public since 9-11 (probably because the #1 Al Queda target is residental military housing in suburban Los Angeles. Be Safe! Be Secure!).
Update - I went to the yard sale and scored a $1 copy of Ralph Bakshi's Wizards! Woo Hoo, although I did get beat to a lucrative bulk LEGO purchase by some kid and his mother. The image below is of one of Ft. MacArthur's many spare artillery pieces. Man is the parade ground some well kept, toally unused acreage!
2 Comments:
this guy sells geiger counters --- homerlea
i typically buy letterpress stuff from him, but he's got tons of goverment surplus junk too...
$38-$75 bucks... buy it now... I am so going to be packing a geiger counter at Trinity Site. All the other apocalypse nerds and atomic fanboys are gonna wish they were in my white bunny suit (That's a footie jumpsuit, not a bunny costume, although a dude in a bunny costume reading a geiger counter at Trinity would be worth seeing...).
Post a Comment
<< Home