San Pedro Punk Opens Today!
I've been working round the clock to get everything smooth and ready for the opening of History of San Pedro Punk up at AGCC, and it looks like it's going to be a pretty good show. I'm just editing some last minute video submissions for the T.V. that's part of Lena Orlando's installation, including a must see appearance by current director of the San Pedro City Ballet, Cythia Bradly, singing with her band The Wigs on New Wave Theatre in 1982!
San Pedro Punk opens Sunday, June 26, at 2PM, bands start playing at 3, refreshments will be served, art will be seen.
In more punk news, we are currently looking at bringing the tunes back to AGCC with a series of concerts and events. More info to come when we figure out the details...
San Pedro Punk opens Sunday, June 26, at 2PM, bands start playing at 3, refreshments will be served, art will be seen.
In more punk news, we are currently looking at bringing the tunes back to AGCC with a series of concerts and events. More info to come when we figure out the details...
7 Comments:
you work 'round one side of the clock, and i'll work 'round the other...
I got there just in time to see The Leeches finish their set, and to take a whirlwind tour of the exhibit before I had to take off again. Where did you get those New Wave Theater clips of The Wigs, and does your source have any more NWT episodes on tape?
Don't be a gherkin,
IMBG
I got the NWT clip from Cindy Bradley, singer of the Wigs. I believe that Cinefile Video may have some stuff from NWT, I know they have URRRGH! A Music War, and some other eraly L.A. stuff like that. The former owner of the Star Theatre/Union Club came up to me at the show, he's got some more footage of Pedro bands, possibly some really early Black Flag stuff, from when they lived in Pedro, before moving to the Church.
I'll check out Cinefile, although I suspect that they'll just have the "Best Of" compilation that I'm always finding on the web. Somebody out there, somewhere, must have all or most of the episodes on tape, and if he or she can be convinced to rip them and put them up on Limewire, Bittorrent, etc., he or she will be a genuine Internet hero.
It's the "lesser" bands that played on NWT that I'm interested in, and I don't think that any of them are on the "Best Of." Come on, Internet hero! Where are you?
You might be suprised. I'd advise calling Cinefile and asking for Bret. He's probably the most informed person I knowwhen it comes to both New Wave/Punk and 80's music video in that genre. If they don't have it, he might be able to give you a breakdown on where to get it or what is out there.
When I went to look up the title of NWT (I couldn't remember if it was New Wave Theatre or New Wave Video Theatre), I was totally shocked to discover that there isn't a NWT guy out there on the web with a mega-nerd fan site.
visit davidjove.blogspot.com
for the truth on New Wave Theater
Your blog I found to be very interesting!
I just came across your blog and wanted to
drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with
the information you have posted here.
I have a airfare deals
site.
Come and check it out if you get time :-)
Best regards!
Post a Comment
<< Home