Thursday, July 14, 2005

Be a $5000aire!

In case anyone wants a shot at the $5000 in purchase prize money that the Port is giving to a single work included in its Portraits (get it! Port-Raits! Commence kneeslapping.) exhibtion. Dropoff for work is today through Sunday, at 366 West 7th Street, from 1-5 PM, only. I don't think they publicised this thing widely, so In my crystal ball I'm seeing hordes of work by local yokels, with a light froth of pros, one of whom will be taking home an easy $5000 in purchase prize money.

Jurors include

Scott Canty, Curator, Municipal Art Gallery
Robin Hinchliffe, Independent Curator
Suzanne Muchnic, Art Writer, LA Times
Thomas Warren, Harbor Commissioner

PDF prospectus is here, get your paintings of cranes ready. Since there is no entry fee I'm tempted to grab some flat stuff, throw wires on it, invent a porty statement, and enter the lotto on this one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home