Thursday, August 25, 2005

Gator a.k.a. Reggie, Demystified

Thanks to a snoopy neighbor, the LAPD raided the San Pedro home of exotic animal enthusiast and gator releasing asshole Anthony Brewer, finding 3 more gators, pirahnas, desert turtle eggs and other exotic animal paraphenalia. They also found 6 marijuana plants.

Apparently Brewer and his partner, Todd Natow, a 42-year-old ex-police officer, decided that Reggie had gotten too big to deal with themselves, so seeing an opportunity to add a little chompy spice to Harbor Lake, they discreetly dumped him there two months ago.

Reggie still has managed to evade capture, proving he's smarter than his former owners, who will be facing charges related to their possession of illegal animals and drug charges.

Times coverage here


Daily Breeze coverage here

3 Comments:

Blogger mjp said...

Yeah man, once my gators get too big to carry around on my shoulder, I dump them in the LA river. Never thought of using Harbor Lake. Maybe next time.

Until then, I'm the guy walking around with a gator on a leash and pirahna in my pocket. Look at me! Look at me!

7:22 AM  
Blogger Phillip said...

Wait, people who have collections of exotic animals also do (and possibly sell) drugs?? Say it isn't so!!

4:27 AM  
Blogger Marshall Astor said...

For some reason I can also imagine them owning an illegal qunatity of Zepplin albumbs, as well. Or maybe I've just known too many reptile enthusiasts...

5:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home