Friday, September 16, 2005

Showdown at Scoping Meeting Number 1 (cue Good, Bad and Ugly music)

I wasn't able to attend the meeting last night, but luckily others have, and we've got some observations and reports from various community members floating around.

Christiana Dominguez shotgunned her observations and inputs at blogging.la and at her own site, Phoblographer. Apparently the pro-business community views the vocal parts of the community as "The Opposition."

I Might Be Giant, frequent Life on the Edge commentor, had much to say in his comments in yesterday's news thread, including ahis perspective on Christiana's comments at the meeting. He's calling out the "Silent Majority" strategy being pushed by pro-massive-development advocates as Nixonian, and I'm in his camp on that perspective.

Mayor Sam's Mayor Frank, gathered posts and links, It wouldn't suprise me to see some Noel Park perspective in the thread there before the day is out.

Next Scoping Meeting - September 29 at the Ports O' Call Restaurant, 6-8:30 PM. I've got a competing meeting I have to be at, so I won't be at that one either, so I'd appreciate all the reports I can get, regardless of anyone's angles or agendas.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoa...the Calamari and I actually agree on something. Mark your diaries, LOTE readers.

I want to know why I still haven't got my pre-printed "I <3 Bridge To Breakwater" postcard from the Chamber of Commerce. I feel so left out. Don't they want me to help them with their little astroturf campaign?

3:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home