Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Stupid In San Pedro


I was idling next to this joker on Gaffey & 1st this morning. Not that I give a crap for the sanctity of Bad Boys Bail Bonds' logo, but come on, why steal a crappy logo when you could easily draw one just as lame. And since I'm sure lots of people see Dad's logo and think bail bonds, did Dad imagine that this would be a real confidence booster for potential customers?

4 Comments:

Blogger Phillip said...

They both stole it. (They were not alone.)

5:54 AM  
Blogger Marshall Astor said...

I remember those shirts. How can a logo that dumb be so appealing that someone would want to steal it for themselves?

12:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was fashionable in the 1980s for automobile body shops and other such concerns here in Southern California to steal Gary Panter's Screamers logo. So this is, like, a tradition, sort of. So that, kind of, makes it OK, almost.

2:22 PM  
Blogger mjp said...

Speaking of Gary Panter - sort of - years ago I lived in Venice, a couple blocks from his ex-wife Nicole (manager of the Germs back in the day). She decided to move to India or something, and had a big yard sale with tables and blankets full of Gary's art, and little wooden props made for Pee Wee's Playhouse.

Now if I were smart, and this were a really good story, I'd be able to say that I bought up a bunch of that stuff for a few dollars, but I am not smart, so it's kind of a lame story. I looked at all of it and said, "cool," and left it there on the blankets.

So yeah, I guess the moral of the story is, always treat your partner well! And take all of your shit if you ever split up. If you don't, he or she may sell half of your life's work in an alley somewhere for $11.

8:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home