Thursday, November 10, 2005

Enter the Jag Off

Although I'd rather not devote a second of my thought to the potential presence of Steve Irwin, a.k.a. The Crocodile Hunter, a.k.a. The Person I Would Most Like to See as Chum, I will do so, if for no other reason, as a warning. According to this Daily Breeze article, the world's most annoying person is coming to Harbor City this spring to join the long line of khaki vested fools questing to trap the elusive Reggie.

I will sum up how I feel with this tidbit of hope from the article, referencing an online biography of Irwin:

"He tells his camera crew to always be filming," the biography states. "If he needs help, he will ask for it. Even if he is eaten by a shark or croc, the main thing he wants is that it be filmed. If he died, he would be sad if no one got it on tape."

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you see the absolutely right on article about Reggie in the Random Lengths a couple of weeks ago?

The writer was a naturalist who said that Reggie is the best thing that has happened to the lake in years. He is eating the invasive fish and feral ducks, and creating a police/ranger presence which has never been there and has somewhat lessent the various anti-social behaviors which have gone on for years.

Steve Irwin - STAY HOME

8:46 AM  
Blogger Marshall Astor said...

I did read that article (if only the Breeze devoted as much ink to important issues as they do to Reggie). I love having Reggie in the park.

9:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Steve Irwin is the idiot who last year fed a 13-foot croc while cradling his month old son under his arm. Of course, he made sure there were cameras around to capture this pathetic stunt. Just the type of person we need in the harbor.

11:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I read the Random Lengths article. Guy seems awfully miffed about having to share "his" park with all of those Mexicans who hang around the day labor trailer doing unwholesome things like playing soccer and trying to get a day's work.

5:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home