Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Quiet Halloween?

Did anyone else notice a total lack of trick or treating activity this Halloween? I was driving around at 7 PM last night and the streets looked pretty much dead, from one end of Pacific to another. I was cooped up over at The Loft most of the evening, so maybe I just missed the action. I know lots of people were at the Los Pumpkinheads mega concert last night at the new Sacred Grounds location, but other than that I saw hardly anyone out and about. Although I did see a drinkin' grandma in a fairy costume hanging outside Harold's Place, which was totally disturbing & totally Pedro.

4 Comments:

Blogger mjp said...

We had the usual number of kids, large and small, hitting us up for fun size toothaches last night in Point Fermin. Not a lot, but as many as we've seen for the last five or six Halloweens.

I wonder how much longer they'll even carry on with the door to door tradition? Most of the kids who came by didn't even say "trick or treat," they said "happy Halloween," or just stood there silently with their bags stuck out...

1:28 PM  
Blogger Marshall Astor said...

Yeah, the few kids I did see out had the "I'll half ass my costume and people have to give me free candy" thing going. I used to work hard for my sugar on Halloween, but this generation doesn't seem to be as into it. "When I was a boy, I walked six miles in the snow for a fun size Mr. Goodbar...."

2:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Only in San Pedro can you wander into your local coffeehouse on your lunch break and see Mike Watt sitting on a stool, wearing a pumpkin on his head and playing bass with Money Mark. Good gig. I liked that drummer, too.

I saw all kinds of kids on my way to work at about 6:00, so maybe by 7:00 they were all sugar-rushed out.

6:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We actually had more trick or treaters in our neighborhood than in years past. Not so many little kids, but a large group of high school age looking boys and girls.

They had some really cool costumes and were really good looking kids. They said something about being at a party and having a contest to see who could get the most goodies.

Anyway, it was kind of fun, and we got rid of most of the !@#$%^&* candy, so it all turned out for the best.

10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home