Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Juan Cabrillo National Monument


I was in San Diego last weekend, and we found the time to cruise by the Cabrillo National Monument while we were there.

I was pleasantly suprised at the site, a hilltop bluff that overlooks both the ocean and the whole of San Diego proper, and which has been painstakingly preserved as a refuge for both public use and native plants. On a Saturday, there must have been dozens of people wandering about, tourists from all over the world and locals making recreational use of a beautiful natural area. We even got to see F-14 Tomcats taking off from the Naval Air Station.

Anyways, if you're ever in San Diego, don't miss it, they have a little museum and an auditorim where you can see movies about Cabrillo and also about grey whales, apparently the whale watching from the site is amazing. I wish we had somthing like this in Pedro, or even on the Peninsula...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home