LAFD action in the Harbor today
I'm not entirely sure what went down, but I ran across this on my morning bike ride. I think that "Donz Rig" had some engine trouble, possibly a fire, and had to be towed back to the docks by the LAFD fireboats. There were about five hook & ladder units on the scene, as well, but none of them were doing anything of substance.
If anybody knows what was happening, I'd love an explanation. I as going to ask the pack of idling fish proccessors, but after being told "I don't like having my picture took" (I wasn't taking their picture at the time) and threated to be "thrown overboard" I didn't think that they were the most helpful folks. Anyways, it was cool to see the fireboats in action.
Here's a pic of LAFD Fireboat #5, assisting in the operation.
UPDATE!
Brian Humphrey, official LAFD Fireblogger found my photos on Flickr and posted about the details of the incident. Apparently the vessel being assisted was not on fire, it was sinking. Check out the LAFD blog for his full post.
If anybody knows what was happening, I'd love an explanation. I as going to ask the pack of idling fish proccessors, but after being told "I don't like having my picture took" (I wasn't taking their picture at the time) and threated to be "thrown overboard" I didn't think that they were the most helpful folks. Anyways, it was cool to see the fireboats in action.
Here's a pic of LAFD Fireboat #5, assisting in the operation.
UPDATE!
Brian Humphrey, official LAFD Fireblogger found my photos on Flickr and posted about the details of the incident. Apparently the vessel being assisted was not on fire, it was sinking. Check out the LAFD blog for his full post.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home