Wednesday, December 14, 2005

LAUSD Moves Right Ahead

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lansing was right the other day when he stated the obvious that all Bisno cares about is maximizing profit. Now the Breeze reports that Lansing says "Hahn should pressure Bisno to keep his community concessions in return for a zoning change that developers need to build the high-density housing".

9:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice to have you back in action.

This is never going away.

Bisno has hired every lobbyist whose breath will fog a mirror, and they will fight the LAUSD as long as Bisno's money holds out. Wait for the postcards from Rudy!


After that comes the litigation. If he plays his cards right, he may get more out of the eminent domain lawsuit than he would building condos.

This is an important issue, given the traffic problems on Western. Even so, we need to keep our eye on the real ball. The Port will kill us and render us immobile long before Bisno does. I'm sure they love the diversion.

8:28 AM  
Blogger Marshall Astor said...

I know it's wishful thinking to believe that Bisno and his supporters will roll over so easily. I really want to see that school get built, and I have little sympathy for the complaints of developers who give birth to tract housing. Any ideas on what the next act/salvo/move will be?

12:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with you. As much as Mike Lansing irritates me, I would a lot rather have a school than 1000 of Bisno's condos, or however many the school would displace.

On the other hand, a lot of the front line neighbors have other ideas, so I guess we have to respect that too.

I think that Svorinich, Afriat, Waronek, Papadakis, Lyon, and all of Bisno's army of lobbyists listed in the Breeze article below will just keep working the time honored lobbyist back channels to convince Councilwoman Hahn, the Neighborhood Councils, and any other community groups or politicians they can find to get on board.

Regardless of my comment above, this really is a big issue. This is a lot more than tract housing. 2300 housing units on 68 acres, or whatever it is, is a density San Pedro has never seen before. somebody pointed out that, if each one had 3 residents, it would increase the population of San Pedro by 10%. Bye bye Western as any sort of viable community access.

I think the best thing is to just keep the pressure on Councilwoman Hahn. Enough e-mails, calls and letters can actually make a difference.

I think that the Coastal Neighborhood Council is very interested in this. The meeting is this Monday at 6:30 PM at the Cabrillo Bathhouse. People are encouraged to show up and share their thoughts with the Council. That's what it's for. There is a public comment opportunity at the beginning of the meeting, so you can comment and run if you need to do other stuff.

8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home