Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Port of Los Angeles High School Robbed!

I just got the word on this in my office, so details are sketchy right now. No doubt The Breeze will have many more details in the morning, but I wanted to put this out here now.

Apparently over the weekend, a mountain of classroom materials were stolen from the school. All of the computers were stolen, art materials from Angels Gate's in-school arts program, and everything else. The word is that it looks like an inside job, as the vandalism associated with the theft supposedly looks contrived to cover up the crime and the theives appeared to have key access to the building. It's also rumored that someone in the Projects was selling Dell's (computers, that is) over the weekend, either on the street or out of their home.

So keep an eye out for stolen goods, suspicious swap meets, and other post-theft assholery going down, give a call to Harbor Division @ 310-513-7017.

And furthermore, for the sake of pure anger - What kind of thick skulled, inbred, scumbag, moron robs a school? I hope they find the guys who did this and put them in the stocks. I've got a woodshop, I could work up a decent, functional stock in by this weeked... Damn the arrival of the penitentary system and it's unnatural focus on procedure & rehabilitation.

Update

Today's Breeze story on the break-in.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is terrible news . . . what a blow to a brand new program just getting off the ground . . . thanks for the update and in general a great blog.

10:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Speaking of stolen stuff, that's a nice looking Corvette that was recovered at the Port -- even if it took 37 years. Hopefully the police will find these computers quicker than that..

8:21 AM  
Blogger Marshall Astor said...

I know that the school is racing to replace the computers ASAP. I was asking one of our POLA teachers if the equipement was marked, etched, or had security tags, but she didn't know. Many of the supplies for our arts program were also stolen, but it is easier for our teachers to workaround the loss of that equipment than it is the loss of the computers, as much of our equipment didn't have proper storage yet at the school and so a lot of it hadn't been moved to the new site yet.

8:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stealing is stealing, whether it is from a school, business, private residence etc. It sucks any way you look at it.

What do you expect with all those losers living in the projects nearby. It is great that downtown Pedro is turning around but what really needs to be done is to take a wrecking ball to the projects. Public housing doesn't work.

10:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brrrrr....I feel a chill in the air. It must be...it's...AAAAAAAAAGGGHHH! It's the ghost of Rex Brewer! Run for your lives!

3:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home