Welcome to 2006 - Love the weather!
After the mystical spasm of Chanukkah and Christmas, welcome to 2006, year of the dog, as the Chinese say.
I cruised out on my bike today after the storm cleared, man was it windy out there, tons of storm damage all over town. If you're capable of getting your ass to the beach or a cliff, I suggest you do so ASAP, as the waves are amazing. The white stuff was exploding halfway up the cliff to Point Fermin today, and I saw a windsurfer getting pretty close to time travel speed (88 MPH) in the inner harbor today.
I cruised out on my bike today after the storm cleared, man was it windy out there, tons of storm damage all over town. If you're capable of getting your ass to the beach or a cliff, I suggest you do so ASAP, as the waves are amazing. The white stuff was exploding halfway up the cliff to Point Fermin today, and I saw a windsurfer getting pretty close to time travel speed (88 MPH) in the inner harbor today.
3 Comments:
Sustained wind speeds of over 50 mph and a gust of 70 mph...yeah, you could say it was windy on the point...
http://thisisnotatest.com/wxStationGraphAll.gif
Weird how it just kind of dropped off after that major blast. Is this an indication of how '06 is going to play out? What next, a plague of frogs?
I always kind of get disappointed when any storm accompanied by heavy winds stops. I guess I always harbour an apocalyptic fantasy revolving around Ballard's Wind from Nowhere. It took some internal gyroscopic effort to even stand up over at the edge of the cliffs.
I'm up for a plague of frogs, anytime.
A plague of toxic, carcinogenic, air.
It's here.
Post a Comment
<< Home