Friday, February 17, 2006

Toberman House gym goes up


Toberman House's expansion and renovation has been going on since I moved to 1st & Grand, but it looks like they're making some serious progress now. The big prefab struts of the new gym went up this week. It was awesome watching them get raised into position.

2 Comments:

Blogger Citizen Mouse said...

Let us hope that, once the building is done, the perimeter of the site be developed to enfront the sidewalk. This building turns a blank wall to pedestrians, and this disturbs me. All of the new construction in Toberman was apparently designed to be entered from the interior of the site, and pedestrians be damned.

4:23 PM  
Blogger Marshall Astor said...

The only problem I've had with this construction was when they tore out the trees on Grand Avenue. I haven't seen any final plans on this project at all, but I do hope that they re-landscape the sidewalk and the hillside. Those trees that were there had destroyed the sidewalk, and I hope that they replace them with better ones.

5:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home