daily musings about the oddities of san pedro, california.
Thursday, April 20, 2006
Are You Trippin Balls?
We're all used to seeing ridiculous messages on the Welcome to San Pedro walkover/embarrassment, but this deserved special attention. How does one get to the point in one's life where they take this particular action?
Oh, when oh when will they take down that pedestrian walkway? It's blocking my view of the Clear Channel billboards and fast food franchise signs! With unauthorized, unpaid-for messages from people who probably don't have any money! It's unAmerican!
(Ever see those signs that say "Rumsfailed"? Those are the awesomest!)
Right where Crescent turns into 21st Street, there was a cat--young looking, but not a kitten, white with black patches--in the middle of the street poking and sniffing at something. When I got closer, I could see that it was another cat, dead in the road. And the dead cat looked exactly like the cat that was staring at it. They were probably twin siblings or something.
birkenplanner, It's great to hear that somebody besides me loves that footbridge. I think the bridge is unique and cool. And it's not nostalgia or fear of change talking here -- I've lived here less than two years.
Busybody idiots want to plant a stupid garden and build a f*@#%&n' fountain!?! As the commenter above hinted at, the biggest eyesore in this town is not the bridge, it's the damn billboards.
Did I mention that the cats (the living one and the dead one) looked EXACTLY ALIKE? I mean, right down to the identical black patches. So they seriously were probably brothers, or sisters, or something very much like that.
i realize now that the greatest threat to San Pedro is aesthetic planning. Who would/could actually plan the idiosyncratic, irreverent and imbecilic symbols we see on that bridge and in our streets, without which we would be, like, Torrance or Irvine? Long live anarchy.(sorry, I've been drinking).
8 Comments:
speaking of signs, did anybody see the "osama killed thousands but so did cheney" ??
Oh, when oh when will they take down that pedestrian walkway? It's blocking my view of the Clear Channel billboards and fast food franchise signs! With unauthorized, unpaid-for messages from people who probably don't have any money! It's unAmerican!
(Ever see those signs that say "Rumsfailed"? Those are the awesomest!)
Dude. Paragraphs.
I just saw the saddest thing ever, right now.
Right where Crescent turns into 21st Street, there was a cat--young looking, but not a kitten, white with black patches--in the middle of the street poking and sniffing at something. When I got closer, I could see that it was another cat, dead in the road. And the dead cat looked exactly like the cat that was staring at it. They were probably twin siblings or something.
Saddest fucking thing ever. Involving cats, anyway.
birkenplanner,
It's great to hear that somebody besides me loves that footbridge. I think the bridge is unique and cool. And it's not nostalgia or fear of change talking here -- I've lived here less than two years.
Busybody idiots want to plant a stupid garden and build a f*@#%&n' fountain!?! As the commenter above hinted at, the biggest eyesore in this town is not the bridge, it's the damn billboards.
Did I mention that the cats (the living one and the dead one) looked EXACTLY ALIKE? I mean, right down to the identical black patches. So they seriously were probably brothers, or sisters, or something very much like that.
I like gardens, by the way.
'K, gotta go.
i realize now that the greatest threat to San Pedro is aesthetic planning. Who would/could actually plan the idiosyncratic, irreverent and imbecilic symbols we see on that bridge and in our streets, without which we would be, like, Torrance or Irvine? Long live anarchy.(sorry, I've been drinking).
Please drink more often.
Post a Comment
<< Home