You guys are gonna love this
So I'm on the waiting/info list for all of these condo projects, not cause I'm buying, but because I wanna know what they're up to. Well, the Vue boys & girls have been moving into an agressive sales phase, and a lot of E-mails have been going out. Well yesterday Vue "Sales Associate" Duane Myles sent this little note out to all of us prospective buyers -
Hi All -Which is fine and dandy - he's just doing his job, but he cocked up the E-mail and CC'd everyone on the list, revealing the list to everyone, which prompted this fun reply to the entire list from list member Jeff Barenbaum -
I wanted to follow up with you and encourage you to RSVP
for our sales event this Saturday and Sunday. If you are
having difficulties logging on to our website, or if you
did not receive an email invitation inviting you to our
sales event, please contact a Vue Sales Associate today
and reserve your space.
Thank you for your time. We look forward to hearing from you!
What do you all think of the pricing? I think that they gotOpinions?
speculative and greedy. The Vue was advertised as a less
expensive alternative to Long Beach but, I doesn't appear
to be. Your opinions please.
15 Comments:
Duane will probably defend aggresively against any charges of high prices and/or greed.
But the question is a good one. Please do let us know how the VUE folks respond.
i think e-mail RULES.
Condo developers, speculative and greedy? Get outta here!
P.S. I will pay you cash money if you give me that list so that I can go on there and pretend to be a prospective buyer. Fun fun fun fun fun!
Hi Im new to your Blog but bought one of the Vue condos over the weekend, please don't hate me for it! I can symathise with San Pedro local's desire to keep what is theirs but hopefully the city's newfound prosperity will benefit all! Im 28 and live in Los Feliz/Silverlake right now but looking forward to my new home in couple years.
Hate you? Of course not. On the contrary, my friend. We love people like you. Obviously you've got money to burn, and some of us are businessmen.
I'll tell you what. Come on down to First Thursday later this week and take a look around at your new home. We've got the finest plastic sunglass merchants in all of Southern California, bar none, selling their wares--and let me tell you, these guys are motivated sellers. Normally these exquisite accessories go for about ten dollars. But for you? $30. Oh, all right, $35. Jeez, you drive a hard bargain. But come and make your deal fast, because if you wait any longer you may be priced out of the market forever! There's never been a better time to buy!
I've been a supporter of the Vue project, although the Carlyle Groups involvement is abhorrent to me. Welcome to San Pedro.
IMBG is correct - you will find no better market for plastic sunglasses in all of California! Our betented vendors shame even the experienced merchants of Venice Beach and Santee alley.
And in case you haven't figured out who your new landlords are, watch this:
saudia_arabia's_accountants
woops..
saudia_arabia's_accountants
What is a .ram file, are you trying to infect my computer? The website old american century looks quite right-wing or is it left-wing? I don't know the difference. Just know Bush is an f-ing moron.
ram is a REAL AUDIO file. there is no virus on it, it's ok. and old american century is a spoof of the new american century, the morons who cooked up the invasion of Iraq.
so did the VUE salesman respond?
They didn't respond on the email list, but they asked me to pass this along to you folks. Here, in a Life On The Edge exclusive, is the response from the Vue Team.
Dear Prospective Vue Buyers:
Some of you have expressed concern as to why our pricing is the way it is. The answer is simple: it's because we at The Vue Team, and our war-profiteering investors at the Carlyle Group, read newspapers. And we are not fools.
We know, even if you don't, that the speculative mania for condominiums is petering out all over the country. Units are sitting on the market longer, inventory is climbing, and asking prices are being reduced. Agents, speculative buyers, and developers from Florida to Nevada are running for cover. Inventory in California is beginning to climb as well, and an awful lot of that unsold real estate consists of new units. You know, like what we're building.
What does this mean for us? Well, it means that the clock is ticking. A year from now, there's a pretty good chance that we won't be able to get the kind of money that we're asking for these units today. When real estate cools off, condos are usually the first market segment to take a dump.
If we want to realize the kind of return on investment that we promised our good friends at the Carlyle Group, we need to make sales right now, and we need to make them for as much money as humanly possible. I mean, have you seen those guys? They're heavy hitters. They know how to make people disappear for good, and they know where our kids go to school.
So, in conclusion, please do not assume that we are being greedy when we ask what may seem like an outrageous price for a condominium in an economically depressed area that still hasn't recovered from a disastrous urban renewal scheme in the early 1970s. We're not doing it for us. We're doing it for the children. Our children. We want them to live. Don't you?
Sincerely,
The Vue Team
Damn it! There goes my plan to get rich flipping condos and never have to work another day in my life.
So, when the popped bubble starts to drive prices down in SoCal, I wonder how many of these developers' desires to build expensive condos downtown will cool off?
san pedro: a beer drinking, dock working town; what the hell was wrong with that? who decided that it needed to be turned into the hamptons? ohhhh thats right; what future is there in single family dwellings? its time for the paseo del mar mini mansions!!!! yippee!!!the good ol blue collar worker who basically put san pedro on the map is something to be run out of town on a rail. how are all these potential future property owners going to LIKE being accosted for "spare change"? street folk setting up camp in the mini mansions driveways? whoops!!! my bad!!! what homeless? hell what good old fashioned american blue collar worker? they've been run out of town on that rail i referred to earlier.
I am one of the buyers of The Vue condominiums and thinking about backing out from the deal. The price of Real Estate in Cali is going down and this investment is no longer as lucrative and promising as it sounds before. The effectiveness of the marketing of The Vue have lured a lot of customers and I guessed I am one of those who got fooled. Now I am in the predicament of taking my 5% deposit back and I was told by their sales team that this money will be forfeited and will be collected by the seller from the escrow account as their liquidated damage. They were quick in letting us sign the purchase agreement without proper disclosure and now I am stuck between a rock and hard place thinking of a way to get my $50K back.
Post a Comment
<< Home