Citizens for a Harbor Line launches
Someone (I'm being vague here because they are currently anonymous) has started a new blog called Citizens for a Harbor Line. The mission of the blog is described as:
Citizens For A Harbor Line is an independent group of people dedicated to the creation of a light-rail line that serves the Harbor Area, connecting it with the rest of Los Angeles by linking it to the MTA's existing light-rail system.
Which is a goal that is close to my heart. I think that a combination of local parking solutions, light rail and express buses are key to keeping San Pedro and the rest of the South Bay connected to other areas of the City of Los Angeles. There's links to various transit related sites on the blog, as well as links to E-mail your public officials, including the 12 MTA board members.
Congrats on the launch of the blog!
Citizens For A Harbor Line is an independent group of people dedicated to the creation of a light-rail line that serves the Harbor Area, connecting it with the rest of Los Angeles by linking it to the MTA's existing light-rail system.
Which is a goal that is close to my heart. I think that a combination of local parking solutions, light rail and express buses are key to keeping San Pedro and the rest of the South Bay connected to other areas of the City of Los Angeles. There's links to various transit related sites on the blog, as well as links to E-mail your public officials, including the 12 MTA board members.
Congrats on the launch of the blog!
6 Comments:
I am thrilled...this goal is extremely significant. What do you say we organize a march up the existing rail right-of-way from San Pedro to Union Station to attract public notice and publicity for this fledgling movement? We could walk up there in a weekend, although the use of the right-of-way in this manner would be illegal......(and therefore especially fun).
Nice looking site. One heads-up, though: I find it hard to get excited about bringing rail to San Pedro "by 2020." I suspect much of the general public will feel the same way.
Yes, I know what the reality is, what with the lack of funds and the red tape and the stupid, shortsighted, corrupt pieces of walking human excrement who have been governing Los Angeles for the last hundred years. I'm just saying, maybe the message ought to be "light rail as soon as humanly possible"--whatever that ends up being. Everybody can agree on that, right?
I'd rather say, "railroad us up there N.O.W. (No Outrageous Waiting), and let us work out the project timeline as we go along..." . Why should we accede impracticality based on the devilishly complex political process of funding, when our real job is to advocate?
"Get us on the train, I.M.M.E.D.I.A.T.E.L.Y (In My Modest Estimation Doing It Apace Trumps Every Liability, Yo), and we'll finish it when we finish it."
The acronyms reminded me of this fun article in the Times. Your tax dollars at work, folks.
So let it be D.O.N.E.(Don't oppose naive enthusiasm)
Post a Comment
<< Home