Friday, May 05, 2006

Open Studios Tomorrow at Angels Gate


I realise this is late notice, but I forgot to shill for our Open Studios on this here blog, and I'm a shillin' now for your benefit. There's a ton of demos, a boatload of artists, your last chance to see Meeson Pae Yang's show {SYSTEMS} and a reception for our On Site on the Gate 2006 exhibition.

So feel free to come and poke around in the Center's innards tomorrow, Saturday, May 6, 10 AM - 4 PM.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did anyone go to the Port Town documentary at the Warner Grand? I was pleasantly surprised at the good turnout and enjoyed the profile of the Minutemen.

8:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shyeeaaa, right. Wait, the Minutemen were in it?

2:31 AM  
Blogger Phillip said...

I didn't go, but I'm sure someone around here did...

3:07 PM  
Blogger Marshall Astor said...

I did see it. I did the narration for the DIY artists section of the film - so I had to be present for the nerve-wracking experience of having the whole damn town see me yammer thirty feet high.

It's a pretty good film. I really liked the section on fishing - I thought it was the best edited and the most interesting. As someone who hates everything that high school team sports usually stands for, I found the football section interesting and well edited. There was really good use made of stock footage througout the film, whoever was in charge of that did a great job.

There was several clips from two Minutemen live performances in the film - both performances which will be available in the two disc DVD version of We Jam Econo, FYI.

10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home