Friday, May 19, 2006

Stuff to do this weekend

For those of you who are activity challenged this weekend, Angels Gate has some fun things going on -

Belmont Shore Model Railroad Club Open House

Our neighbors up here at Angels Gate, the Belmont Shore Model Railroad Club has a massive layout that they occasionally open to the public. It's one of the best kept secrets in Pedro, and you shouldn't miss the opportunity to check it out

Saturday & Sunday, 10 am - 4 PM
$1 per person, $2 per family

Sacred Harp Shape Note Singers

All day Saturday, there will be some serious shape note singing going on. It's one of America's great folk arts - check it out and join in.

Shannon Fincke: Chairs Series

Painter Shannon Fincke will be having an opening reception for a solo show showcasing her Chairs Series of paintings.

2-4 PM Sunday, May 21 in the Angels Gate Cultural Center's Downstairs Gallery.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So I've been keeping a log of old articles here. If anybody has anything they want me to keep, just let me know...

6:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i already got that...

10:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Leave it to The Times to miss the point. I'm not sure what good they think it would do the homeless--who, by definition, need social services and employment, and will need transportation to these things--to be housed out there in Sprawlville.

Building new housing for anybody there based on the old 20th century suburban model (I need a pint of milk, hand me my car keys!) is a bad idea. But I guess criticizing a developer directly just isn't The Times's style.

1:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

agreed...can you say OVERREACHING?

2:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

is anybody there? seems like a slow week, even though a bunch of stuff has been happening..

8:36 AM  
Blogger Marshall Astor said...

I've been pretty tied up and haven't had much time to digest and then post. There is a lot of stuff going on right now, though. I read the LA Times editorial, but didn't put much stock in it. I can imagine much more editorial deserving issues regarding Ponte Vista than the flipping of the property.

1:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There are a bunch of posts from "anonymous" these days, and it's hard to tell whether it's a bunch of different anonymouses (excuse me...anonymice) or just one really shy poster.

3:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»

9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home