Friday, June 16, 2006

Bukiowski's papers find a home

It was with much joy and satifaction that I read yesterday's Times article on the donation by Linda Lee Bukowski of Charles Bukowski's archives to the Huntington Library in San Marino. There could be no beter future for his writings, manuscripts and letters than an institution as established and respected as the Huntington. At the Huntington, Buk's works will be taken care of with the care and attention they deserve.

Cheers to Linda on her decision to make sure that Buk's legacy will be kept together for future generations of scholars and afficionados. And cheers to the Huntington for accepting and stewarding her gift.

There's also coverage and commentary on the donation over at LAist (welcome aboard Tony) and they've chosen to commemorate the occasion with one of Buk's poems (NSFW, BTW). I'm seperated from my library at the moment and thus cannot find my favourite poems, so I'll direct you to some other interesting reading on the man, his FBI files over at Bukowski.net (from whom I also stole the photo above).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home