Papadakis Taverna at blogging.la
Christiana Dominguez, blogging.la's official Pedro booster has written a piece about Papadakis Taverna. I've never eaten there, nor do I have any plans to, but it's there for the reading if you're into that sort of thing. I'm more of a taco truck man, myself.
Reading the article, I found out that Papadakis Taverna has a website, and if you follow the clip art links (not that the website isn't nice, it's just that someone went nuts with the clip art), you can check out their page about the Promenade Project, which is in their words being "spearheaded by John Papadakis."
Reading the article, I found out that Papadakis Taverna has a website, and if you follow the clip art links (not that the website isn't nice, it's just that someone went nuts with the clip art), you can check out their page about the Promenade Project, which is in their words being "spearheaded by John Papadakis."
13 Comments:
You ARE the taco truck, man.
Sometimes a restaurant review is just a restaurant review, man.
I'm not sure what was meant by the taco truck comment?
Christiana - I didn't knock your review. Having never been inside the place, I presume that it's a good review. I can't resist any opportunity to rib someone about bad clip art, nor to rib John for his grandstanding.
Hey, taco truck man, sure you weren't directly knocking her review. You were just being a dismissive little prick as usual with your sarcastic epithet ("blogging.la's official Pedro booster") and cd called you on it. (Bravo, Christiana.) Just like how you backpedaled when someone called you on your snide comments about John Mavar, you're trying to wriggle out of your words again.
Next up, when J. Papadakis himself comes on here and confronts you with all the shit you talk about him on your blog, you'll be like, "Oh ho! Just because I couldn't resist the opportunity to rib your clip art and grandstanding doesn't mean I'm knocking you. Don't be so sensitive. Jeesh."
Give your readers a little more credit, dude. We can read your subtext and it blows.
Personally, I think Greek food kicks Mexican food's ass any day. It certainly takes more time and care than can be given preparing it in a truck.
I wasn't knocking her review - directly or indirectly. Chirstiana's review is a perfectly good review. "Pedro Booster" would be a good description for Christiana's posts over at blogging.la, IMHO. Every time she is in town, she makes the effort to promote some aspect of Pedro to greater Los Angeles. Describing her as a "booster" is not a critisism, it's a descriptor, it's not meant to crtisise her or belittle her in any way. There's not a hidden subtext in everything.
I felt that I had thoroughly explained my opinion regarding John Mavar a while back. I'm sorry if you felt that I was backpedaling, then, well, that's your opinion and you're welcome to it.
John Papadakis can take some ribbing and he's earned it. He practically needs a third hand for all the back patting he's done to himself. John can confront me any day on anything I have to say about him.
You are more than welcome to your opinion regarding Greek food. I don't measure the quality of my dining in how much I pay for it, nor in how fast or slow it can be made. My favourite food is Japanese food - how many seconds does it take a good sushi chef to make mouthwatering goodness? If I put an award winning sushi chef in a truck and charged $10-20 per item, would the quality of the food be lessened? Some of those taco truck guys are masters at their trade and deserve way more respect than they get. Much of the globe's great cuisine is prepared, ordered and eaten inches from the street.
Wow. Imagine how butt-hurt these people would have gotten if he had actually said something insulting.
I have no desire to use this soapbox as an opportunity to muck-rack or insult people in my community. I have trouble imagining that anyone that I have expressed critisism towards is as sensitive to those critisisms as their defenders.
Greek food may be able to kick Mexican food's ass, but...but...well, Greek food's mom is a dirty slut. Yeah, you heard me!
Anybody ever read the time cd kicked imbg's ass in an epic blog debate over at Mayor Sam's 9.16/05? Twas a thing of beauty...
I think it's ridiculous that calamari here once took offense to cd using the word "opposition" to characterize, well... those who opposed her views. Yet he insists there's no reason whatsoever that his words on this post be taken at anything other than face value. Why is it that the Squid's allowed to read into cd's "descriptors", but his language is only meant to be taken literally?
Anyway, let's get this straight for the record then: y'all just luuurve Christiana then, right? No sarcasm? No hard feelings about how she's backed waterfront development or promoted the restaurant of one of the most resented (in this blog) figures in San Pedro? You feel as non-hostile towards her review as you would if, say, George Bush endorsed McDonald's? Well, alrighty then. Go on with your Christ-like self.
Speaking of dirty sluts, imbg, how are those girls you stalked who took restraining orders out on you?
Anybody ever read the time cd kicked imbg's ass in an epic blog debate over at Mayor Sam's 9.16/05? Twas a thing of beauty...
I think it's ridiculous that calamari here once took offense to cd using the word "opposition" to characterize, well... those who opposed her views. Yet he insists there's no reason whatsoever that his words on this post be taken at anything other than face value. Why is it that the Squid's allowed to read into cd's "descriptors", but his language is only meant to be taken literally?
Anyway, let's get this straight for the record then: y'all just luuurve Christiana then, right? No sarcasm? No hard feelings about how she's backed waterfront development or promoted the restaurant of one of the most resented (in this blog) figures in San Pedro? You feel as non-hostile towards her review as you would if, say, George Bush endorsed McDonald's? Well, alrighty then. Go on with your Christ-like self.
Speaking of dirty sluts, imbg, how are those girls you stalked who took restraining orders out on you?
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that with defenders like this, Christiana D. doesn't need detractors.
Derek - I've explained my language to what I would hope is your satisfaction, but apparently it is not. Well, that's your problem, not mine.
I have no direct recollection of the "opposition" incident. Feel free to point me in the direction of it.
I don't agree with Christiana on all of her opinions regarding development, no. That doesn't mean that I don't like her, or have some beef with her. She has a right to her opinions. I'm not all eager to make out with her or anything like that, but I certainly have no reason to dislike her. I have major disagreements with friends on both sides of the development issues in Pedro and it doesn't impact my ability to like them.
Is John Papadakis resented? Well, his attitude rubs me the wrong way, and I don't like his postions. I don't know him personally, so I'm only familiar with the public persona that he's managed to create for himself.
This post exists for two reasons. First, there was a good review of a Pedro restaurant over at blogging.la, and I thought that some folks might be interested in it. Secondly, it was an excuse to rib John for his ongoing effort to place himself and his vision at the center of every success associated with the waterfront. That's it, plainly said.
Lastly, this won't become the kind of place where assholes sling mud at one another. If you have a beef with IMBG, take it out with him elsewhere, or stay clear of the accusations regarding his character. If you want to assail the character of anyone, do it on your own website, on your own time. The sentence that you chose to end your comment with undermines my sympathy towards any argument you may have made prior to it.
Oh, sorry, sorry. I apologize for the "dirty sluts" comment. I just couldn't resist the urge to rib IMBG about his hobbies. I love the dirty sluts, truly I do. Even if they won't go out with him, it says nothing about his character.
Post a Comment
<< Home