Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Asshats vandalise Fort MacArthur Museum

According to the Breeze - a pack of losers busted into the Ft. MacArthur Museum and caused about $25k in damages. Looks like they ruined a telescope that might never be repaired now.

This is no suprise to me - Angels Gate Park is almost totally unpoliced by the Park Rangers. Weeks can go by where I don't see one Park Ranger - and I'm up there full time. When something happens up there I don't call the Rangers first, I call the LAPD. Usually the nearest ranger is up in Griffith Park - whatever problem needs to be addressed, the perpetrator will be long gone by the time they get to the park, if I can even get someone on the phone.

I know that there have been several break-ins and thefts over at the auto shop at the Skills Center and vandals have also broken into the Recreation and Parks day camp classroom. I've been lucky that the Cultural Center hasn't been affected by anything other than nuisance crimes (vandalism, drug use, transients using our facilities), but I worry about the safety of our tenants and their belongings, not to mention our office and galleries.

Anyways, back to the subject at hand - if you live or spend any time up at Angels Gate (or any other park), please report suspicious activity to the Park or to the LAPD.

4 Comments:

Blogger mjp said...

Fuckers.

8:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pricks.

9:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Check it ou homes vinyl siding logos if your building homes go to Http://siding11.com/side.pl?y=helper

6:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Handy man and Repairmen

Can You Fix this and Can you fix that well

brick fireplace remodel Advice at http://good-remodeling.com/wood.pl?expert=remodeling . If you are Looking for brick fireplace remodel Then Here it is

12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home