Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Back in town

I'm back in town after two quick art related trips.

Immediate business. Looks like Joe Gatlin is running for the Presidency of the Central Neighborhood Council (website down?). His sole opponent is Kara McCloud, local activist and historic preservation enthusiast. As far as I know, Joe still hasn't stepped down from Northwest, as he promised, and as such doesn't deserve to hold a seat on any neighborhood council, let alone to be the President of one.

Kara Mcloud is running on a slate along with several others. I've known her for some time and although I'm not as much of a preservation enthusiast as she is, I trust that she is up front and honest.

Rick Martinez for VP - I don't know Rick. Anyone who wants to inform us about him is welcome to.

Sue Castillo for Communications Officer - Sue has served the Central NC in this role for some time and should continue to do so.

Cathy Scoville for Secretary - I don't know Cathy well, so I'm not endorsing her. Anyone willing to take on the thankless job of secretary is a hero in my book, though.

Andrew Silber for at Large Board Member - Andrew is one of the best things about Downtown San Pedro. A hard working and thinking fellow, I'd love to see him on the council.

Ed Vincent for at Large Board Member - a write in candidate, Ed has a long history of involvement in the San Pedro art scene.

Voting is today from 3:30 to 7:30 at the ILWU Local 63 Hall - downstairs lobby at 350 W. 5th Street, in downtown San Pedro. If you care about central, make it your business to make it there!

2 Comments:

Blogger Citizen Mouse said...

Results:
Joe Gatlin beat Kara by a few votes.
VP is Pam Foster.
Secretary is Myra Perez.
Sue Castillo is still communications officer, by 2 votes.
Aphram is, of course, still treasurer.
This is the executive board.

At Large, newly elected:
Andrew Silber, by a nice margin
Cathy Beauregard
Norma Acosta

Replacing the 2 At Large board members newly moved to the exec board (Pam and Mayra):
Carrie Scoville
Joe Merton

This is still preliminary, to be confirmed.

11:38 PM  
Blogger Marshall Astor said...

Well, I don't think it's right for Joe to be president of a NC, given his recent actions, but I'm really glad to see Andrew on the board. I hope he makes the same thoughtful contributions to the Central NC that he does to the other boards he serves on.

7:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home