Angels Gate pool cleanup
One of the more eyesoreish things up at Angels Gate for a long time has been the falling down buildings surrounding the fenced off and unused Angels Gate pool. The decaying buildings have made attractive digs for a series of transients, meddling kids and other pests for years. Until about a year ago, the pool was relatively free of graffiti, but in the past year it has become a popular spot.
But no longer. Earlier this week, the Department of Recreation and Parks tore down the old buildings, leaving only the concrete structure of the pool itself intact. The future of the pool area is uncertain, but I'm sure it will be addressed in the upcoming master planning process for the park. I can't say how pleased I am to see the area cleaned up.
Here's a link to my Angels Gate Flickr set where all of the photos I took this morning of the pool and the area around it are located (down at the bottom of the set). Most of the graffiti was pretty amateurish, but I did like this little cycling girl throw up and this cheezy sunglasses piece.
But no longer. Earlier this week, the Department of Recreation and Parks tore down the old buildings, leaving only the concrete structure of the pool itself intact. The future of the pool area is uncertain, but I'm sure it will be addressed in the upcoming master planning process for the park. I can't say how pleased I am to see the area cleaned up.
Here's a link to my Angels Gate Flickr set where all of the photos I took this morning of the pool and the area around it are located (down at the bottom of the set). Most of the graffiti was pretty amateurish, but I did like this little cycling girl throw up and this cheezy sunglasses piece.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home