Curbed LA - disprespecting Pedro
begin rant here
I don't need to tell any of the regular readers of this blog what an awesome place to live San Pedro is. But someone needs to educate Josh Williams (feel free to E-mail him here) on the joy of living in San Pedro. He's an editor over at the blog Curbed LA, which describes itself as :
From the studio lots to the downtown lofts. From the beachfront bungalows to the canyon views. From the south bay to the valley, from the westside to the eastside—Angelenos' sense of place, and the neighborhoods they call home, are more important than ever.
Sounds great, right? People, their neighborhoods, their homes, our sense of place... Well I guess that doesn't count if you live in Pedro, which Williams snarkily describes in his post about the implosion/Vue development in these words:
Our good pal Zach at LAist reminds us that over the weekend the big news was the implosion/explosion of the Pacific Trade Center in San Pedro. It's all part of the grand scheme to make the rotting pieces of San Pedro into something more acceptable. Until then, we'll continue to hold that portion of the city at arms length - quite literally we might add.
While I do enjoy the benefits of the shround of mis-information and rumor that thus far has kept trucker hat hipsters and Pasadena real estate speculators out of our splendid burg, I'd expect a more knowledgable perspective on Pedro from someone who writes about homes, neighborhoods and development.
end of rant
I don't need to tell any of the regular readers of this blog what an awesome place to live San Pedro is. But someone needs to educate Josh Williams (feel free to E-mail him here) on the joy of living in San Pedro. He's an editor over at the blog Curbed LA, which describes itself as :
From the studio lots to the downtown lofts. From the beachfront bungalows to the canyon views. From the south bay to the valley, from the westside to the eastside—Angelenos' sense of place, and the neighborhoods they call home, are more important than ever.
Sounds great, right? People, their neighborhoods, their homes, our sense of place... Well I guess that doesn't count if you live in Pedro, which Williams snarkily describes in his post about the implosion/Vue development in these words:
Our good pal Zach at LAist reminds us that over the weekend the big news was the implosion/explosion of the Pacific Trade Center in San Pedro. It's all part of the grand scheme to make the rotting pieces of San Pedro into something more acceptable. Until then, we'll continue to hold that portion of the city at arms length - quite literally we might add.
While I do enjoy the benefits of the shround of mis-information and rumor that thus far has kept trucker hat hipsters and Pasadena real estate speculators out of our splendid burg, I'd expect a more knowledgable perspective on Pedro from someone who writes about homes, neighborhoods and development.
end of rant
7 Comments:
Just another dope who is speaking out of ignorance. I wouldn't get too excited about it.
best thing would be to do a post talking shit about his part of town...which would be where exactly?
I'm not too excited about it - I'm rarely suprised by ignorance. I wasn't about to let it go unchallenged, though.
how dumb was it that galaxy/carlyle didn't invite the public to the event?
don't they want the public to share in the new neighborhood?
the idiots. locals have been waiting for years for the B2B, and the morons don't even have the decency to invite the public.
I think they were asked not to invite the public due to safety concerns. Originally they intended to do a big thing for their "perspective buyers" and folks on thier interest list, but they changed their plans.
There were hundreds of people there, folks came from all over. There were two guys near where I was sitting who traveled around seeing implosions on a semi-regular basis.
c'mon guys, josh is entitled to his opinion. san pedro has come a long way but it has a lot of work to do.
Josh is more than entitled to his opinion, and I am more than entitled to disagree with it.
Post a Comment
<< Home