Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Strike news

Although I'm sure it's a big deal to those directly involved with affected by the Engineers and Architects Association strike, it hasn't had too big of an impact on daily life, even in San Pedro where 227 of the Port's 800 or so employees are members of the EAA. There were picketers at the docks and at the POLA building, and ILWU workers at seven terminals honored the picket lines until an arbitrator called in by the PMA decided that they had to go back to work. Anyone local striking or affected by the strike?

LA Times Coverage

Breeze Coverage

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, not even alitte.

12:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Even though I am not a member of the EAA, I respect the ILWU for honoring the picket line. They deserve credit for this.

4:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about today? I think things are a little more "impacted".

1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home