Friday, September 01, 2006

Fake Trump Golf Club sign on the Westside

I've been annoyed with the proliferation of signs on the 110 and in Pedro directing people to the Trump National Golf Club for some time now, but this is ridiculous. Either someone with a good sense of humor is out there teasing Westsiders or the Trump folks are "pro-active" about getting public agencies to do their advertising for them. I'm not a fan of conspiracy theory logic, but I totally believe that this isn't a prank, and that the sign in question was arranged by the Trump folks themselves, it would be right in line with their usual disregard for the law or normal business practices. I'm now doubting the legitimacy of their Cal Trans style signs on the 110 in Harbor City and at the Gaffey Street offramp at the end of the 110. Enjoy the LA Times article on the confusion.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wo. where is that!

8:38 AM  
Blogger Marshall Astor said...

The one pictured is at the intersection of Sunset and the 405 freeway. Cal Trans says they didn't put it up, and it looks a lot like the one on the 110 South to me.

11:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's on on the corner of First and Gaffey I believe. Uncool.

Add that to the possible Starbucks and influx of people due to the new building in the area... Has 'Pedro gone Mersh?

4:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home