Saturday, September 02, 2006

Not that it's news - further Trump asshattery

Donald Trump has to go through life with the world's most pathetic inferiority complex, combed right from the back of his head to the front (money can't buy you dignity, baby). So maybe we should collectively pity the poor, poor man. Or maybe not.

Today's Daily Breeze confirmed my suspicion - all Trump National Golf Club signs are bogus. The Club denies this but given their past behaivor, and Trump's stated intention to disregard the law and the will of the community in the operation of his business (He publicly stated at a RPV City Council meeting that he intends to take the club private, which would violate the basic agreement that lets the green waste of space exist in the first place), I place no value in their statements. They Club's General Manager claims he called Trump and he knew nothing about it - because the head of a massive international business orders the signage, right...

The Breeze also calalogs a variety of incidents where Trump has continued to operate his business in a way that is both insulting and illegal. The erection of a seventy foot flagpole, 54 feet higher than the sixteen foot height they are permitted for, waterfall illegally built too tall, an unapproved re-grading of a green. I'm sure that's a short list, too. I've long held doubts regarding the clubhouse itself - I did some brief work there (freelance, as a favour) and was disturbed by the level of cheapness and cost-cutting that went into the construction. It wasn't a suprise, the people who built the place and then lost it didn't have the dinero to do it right.

One of my biggest concerns about the clubs continued operation is the level of pollution that it may be causing to the tide pools, beach and water below it. All that green is powered by a massive amount of watering and an equally massive amount of chemicals. That's the nature of business at any golf course. I'm sure that most golf courses are run by responsible, normal people, who realise that all businesses function within a system of laws and regulations. If Trump and his guys can't be trusted to obey various rules regarding construction at the site, I have no reason to believe that they are being responsible about the runoff from their greens.

The Breeze also mentions that Trump has done un-approved revisions to the course he owns in Briarcliff Manor, NY. What I guess this adds up to is our neighbor, Mr. Trump, is the kind of jerk that shits where he eats, wherever he goes.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trump may be an asshole but what do you have against golf? Give it a try sometime, you might like it.

11:05 AM  
Blogger Marshall Astor said...

I have played golf and found it wanting. People are welcome to like it, but I can't stand how people take it up to fit in with their buddies or to impress people. My real beef is with golf courses, which I think are usually unbelievable eyesores and which simultaneously waste vast quatities of water and then pack their runoff with chemical fertilisers.

11:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Asshatery is a fucking funny word.

11:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home