Thursday, September 14, 2006

Ponte Vista & Eastview Little League in the Breeze

There's a decently sized article in today's Breeze covering the dance between Ponte Vista and the Eastview Little League.

Bisno's people claim that they had planned to open temporary fields in August, but Eastview didn't return their calls. Eastview's Dave Stanovich admits that their organisation is a volunteer one and might not have returned all of Bisno's calls. Elise Swanson, current VP for Public Affairs for Bisno and former Director of Community Development for Janice Hahn, states that she's not going to chase someone down to give them a $6 million dollar gift, and also claims that Eastview's support was never part of the deal. Stanovich claims that Eastview was asked and refused to sign a contract that included wording that the league supported the Ponte Vista development.

Meanwhile signs touting Ponte Vista as the future home of the Eastview Little League have disappeared from Western Avenue...

There's a whole tail end of the article that deals with the potential of using part of Knoll Hill as a temporary field, but the Port representative quoted makes it clear that it's not likely, throwing up a host of conditions that most likely aren't within Eastview's ability to meet.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope someone attends the "Ponte Vista Advisory Group" meeting tonight (6:00pm) at the Municipal Bldg and posts. I can't as I'll be out of town. I hope this "advisory group" actually can accomplish something in terms of reducing the density this sleazy developer plans, rather than just acting as a political shield for the councilwoman.

8:24 AM  
Blogger Marshall Astor said...

I cannot be their either, I have a class tonight and I leave town for three days tomorrow. I'm totally out of the loop on getting info regarding the announcements of these meetings - how are you hearing about them?

Anyone who wants to attend the meeting, I'll put up a post at the end of the day today and feel free to post whatever impressions you have of the meeting.

8:48 AM  
Blogger M Richards said...

Hey anonymous, please check out pontevista.blogspot.com if you are interested in Ponte Vista and what is happening.
I, too hope the advisory group is not a "political shield" for Janice Hahn. Since I am a member of the group and don't live in San Pedro and can't vote in the city elections, my goal is to fight for what is best overall for San Pedro and R.P.V.

Tonight's meeting is more organizational in nature. We are going to meet and learn from our new facilitator that we selected. It might boring for the public, but it will be open for everyone to attend.

Please note the meeting scheduled for next Thursady, Sept. 19. This meeting is where we will begin taking apart the project and looking at in detail. We hope to get the draft E.I.R. and Mr. Bisno's traffic report at that meeting. The Sept. 19 meeting is open to the public as well as all the others. You might be bored at tonight's meeting because I don't think we'll discuss much more than the group's plans and activities.

1:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Calamari,

There was a small announcement of this meeting buried in the middle of the Breeze.

Thanks for the info M Richards.

6:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

P.S. Sept 19 is a Tuesday and not a Thursday.

11:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice little revolving door between Janice Hahn's office and the world of big bucks developers.

2:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice little revolving door between Janice Hahn's office and the world of big bucks developers.

2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home