Weekend to do list
I'll be up in SF, but that doens't mean you have to stay at home and cry. There's lots of stuff to do in the Harbor Area Friday and Saturday.
Tonight!
There's apparently a Ponte Vista Advisory Board meeting tonight. I'm pretty sure it's a public meeting. It's at 6:00 PM at the municipal building - presumably in the 4th floor meeting room, but ask the guard to make sure.
Friday Night
Los Punkinheads at Sacred Grounds - Money Mark Nishita, Mike Watt and John Wicks. 8 PM sharp. Watt's got two gigs on Friday, so I imagine this one will be on time.
Open house at the Red Man Lodge. Overlooking Sunken City is one of Pedro's more mysterious buildings, the Red Man Lodge. Check it out this Friday, 6:00 - 9:00 @ 543 Shepard Street.
Friday, Saturday and Sunday
The Port of Los Angeles Lobster Festival. Eat a discount Maine lobster for only $17 bucks. Personally, I'm neither a festival person, and if I'm going to eat lobster, I'm going to do it in style, but I hear the LobsterDog Pet Parade is not to be missed.
Saturday
Saturday is Costal Cleanup Day. Lord knows the beach needs some love. Get your hands dirty 9AM - noon bringing order and cleanliness to the Dominguez Channel. The meetup and parking is at 2006 Opp Street in Wilmington. Call coordinator Cathy Beauregard at 310.514.3367 for more details or if you have questions. Free lunch!
Open House at the Vue. Hear the spiel of the Vue developers at their open house. They're resquesting a RSVP, call 310.833.9900 if you'd like to attend. No info on the time, but it's Saturday.
For artists. The Angels Gate Cultural Center hosting a grant workshop for the Department of Cultural Affairs Aritst in Residence program. It's at 10 AM in Building H.
Tonight!
There's apparently a Ponte Vista Advisory Board meeting tonight. I'm pretty sure it's a public meeting. It's at 6:00 PM at the municipal building - presumably in the 4th floor meeting room, but ask the guard to make sure.
Friday Night
Los Punkinheads at Sacred Grounds - Money Mark Nishita, Mike Watt and John Wicks. 8 PM sharp. Watt's got two gigs on Friday, so I imagine this one will be on time.
Open house at the Red Man Lodge. Overlooking Sunken City is one of Pedro's more mysterious buildings, the Red Man Lodge. Check it out this Friday, 6:00 - 9:00 @ 543 Shepard Street.
Friday, Saturday and Sunday
The Port of Los Angeles Lobster Festival. Eat a discount Maine lobster for only $17 bucks. Personally, I'm neither a festival person, and if I'm going to eat lobster, I'm going to do it in style, but I hear the LobsterDog Pet Parade is not to be missed.
Saturday
Saturday is Costal Cleanup Day. Lord knows the beach needs some love. Get your hands dirty 9AM - noon bringing order and cleanliness to the Dominguez Channel. The meetup and parking is at 2006 Opp Street in Wilmington. Call coordinator Cathy Beauregard at 310.514.3367 for more details or if you have questions. Free lunch!
Open House at the Vue. Hear the spiel of the Vue developers at their open house. They're resquesting a RSVP, call 310.833.9900 if you'd like to attend. No info on the time, but it's Saturday.
For artists. The Angels Gate Cultural Center hosting a grant workshop for the Department of Cultural Affairs Aritst in Residence program. It's at 10 AM in Building H.
3 Comments:
Gee, I guess the Vue didn't sell out on the first weekend like they planned. Maybe "waterfront living from the $300,000s" (for a single with no view) isn't such a bargain after all?
Did anybody see the graffiti on the hanging Vue banners on that chain link fence? Not the tags or the gang graffiti which has been there for a while, but the neatly printed text inside the colored boxes. "NOT TRUE...NOT FOR YOU...DOOM TOWN..." etc.
Instead of simply replacing the banners, the Vue people just spray painted it over very sloppily with white paint! I'm sure that will impress potential buyers with what a high class joint this is.
way to support the Cabrillo Marine Aquarium's Coastal Clean Up...
I doubt they really intended to sell out on the 1st weekend - that was all bluster and big talk. In this market $300k for a carboard box is a bargain, but it's still not a bargain that anyone can afford. Land of opportunity anyone?
Did they have one going on? I sourced the wrong flyer, my bad. I'll promote the hell out of the next one - sorry bout that.
Post a Comment
<< Home