Friday, December 01, 2006

San Pedro Punk Online


In 2005 I curated the exhibition History of San Pedro Punk at Angels Gate. In partnership with the Port, we produced a catalog for the show, a process which created a mountain of scans and images that need to be out there. I sat down with the old Photoshop and plowed through the fliers and show images. I've bulk uploaded the general show images to the Center's Flickr page, and they can all be found here in this set.

Over the next twelve months I'll be doing a feature on the Center's blog called "Today in San Pedro Punk", where I'll be featuring a flier or fliers from that same date in history. The first post "This Month in San Pedro Punk", containing a full scan of the 1995 December issue of the zine The Punch Line is up online and kicking it off - enjoy!

at top: Reactionaries D. Boon and Mike Watt, singing and playing. Photo by Victor Sedillo, probably from 1979.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Extra, extra! Watch a veteran Pedro punk get knocked on his ass by a veteran Detroit punk!

12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home