Monday, December 18, 2006

Say, did ya know about the Vue!

The good folks at Galaxy compiled a slew of media reports on the implosion of the Logicon building a few months ago. But I don't see any mention of the Carlyle Group in those media reports. I wonder why? Could it be because the Carlyle Group was so prominently mentioned in Fahrenheit 9/11 as one of the companies invested in by the Bin Laden family prior to 9/11?



Quotes to remember -
"Out with the old, in with the Vue!"
- Janice Hahn

"Sitting here you will have in 19 months a building standing right in front of the waterfront...right here standing up. It will be beautiful!"
- Raffi Cohen

Eat your heart out BISNO DEVELOPMENT!!


Look who's coming to town!

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That Vue promo put me in mind of the Vanity Fair article a few months ago about the hucksters in New York City who sell "lifestyles"--and, almost incidentally, glass box condominiums--to lonely MBAs.

"You look at these buildings and all the other imported bendy-glass-and-steel erections, with their tacky design features worn like second wives' engagement rings, and you wonder who the New New Yorkers think they are. Who's going to live here? Who are the new, insecure, design-anemic rich?"

The main difference, of course, being that the bling boxes of Manhattan have fashionable addresses and a built-in market of socially anxious hedge fund managers. When it comes to the Vue...well, who is going to live here?

3:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I went to the Vue Sales Office over the weekend as I bought a 2BR there. They said the building is "nearly 70% sold" and that there were performing better than anywhere else in LA, including LB and Marina Del Rey. Not sure how they measured that though.

11:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Kris,
What happened? Weren't you looking favorably at Ponte Vista?

What is it about the Vue that got you more interested than Ponte Vista?

You are still very much welcome to comment on Ponte Vista. I am curious why someone would choose the Vue over Ponte Vista. Your input would enlighten not only me, but perhaps others who are interested why you may have chosen a high rise over a low rise home.

Thanks for whatever comments you wish to leave.
MW

6:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I think completion is still scheduled for Summer 2008. Im still undecided if I will actually live there - I work in Burbank.

Hi Mark, actually I was never considering Ponte Vista for myself, sorry if I had misled you. As a future property owner, I am very interested in following the redevelopment in downtown, the waterfront and surrounding areas (for obvious reasons). I bought at the Vue back in April (I think) the first day they went on sale. Your right though, Vue and Ponte Vista are targeting very different "Neds". BTW, does anyone know the latest news on the Waterfront Master Plan? I check the website every so often but its says its been in the "Drafting EIR/EIS" phase for months. Mark - you should start another blog to discuss that too!!!

10:22 AM  
Blogger Marshall Astor said...

Kris - they've just started a 66 day public comment period on the Waterfront Master Plan. IMHO, the LA Waterfront project has become a bit of a wheel spinner.

9:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your right though, Vue and Ponte Vista are targeting very different "Neds".

Neds?

2:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sventan Bosic
Feliz Navidad
Merry Christmas

5:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Mr. imbg,

Never in my wildest dreams did I create my imaginary Ponte Vista supporter, Ned, to come complete with the accent you have provided for him.

I didn't imagine Ned would use the foul language that the bloke you provided uses.

Perhaps my Ned and your Ned are distant cousins. My Ned is a darn sight older than your Ned.

Your Ned is somewhat humorous and could liven up a party given by goth types.

Be well,
MW

7:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chavs?

4:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home