Sunday, January 07, 2007

Crime scene at Harold's Place


Something went down at Harold's Place last night or this morning, I've got no idea what, but the response merited two black and whites, three unmarked cars (one not shown in picture) and a big white investigator's van. Driving by I saw a crime scene photographer, several detectives wearing rubber gloves and someone carrying one of those rolling measuring wheel things. They had the whole sidewalk on the Harold's side of the block taped off, too.

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

maybe this was related to the death of the USC kicker?

8:45 AM  
Blogger Marshall Astor said...

I don't know. Harold's place has had a lot of problems in the past. Last year the owner was busted with a pile of crystal meth and ton of illegal firearms. It was closed for a long time, and only recently re-opened. The thought did cross my mind, I'm sure they're investigating the last places he was seen - but I'm not even going to speculate on anything involving Harold's Place, as it's the kind of place where crime scene tape isn't really surprising.

8:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gang scum??

9:35 AM  
Blogger Marshall Astor said...

Harold's isn't a gang hangout. It's a bar that hosts occasional live music. The whole meth/guns incident struck me as more of a tweeker thing than anything else. That whole area of town has always been home to some "home based crystal meth businesses". Ironically (or maybe not ironically), Harold's is almost catty corner to an Alano club. Come to think of it, I really have no idea what bars you might find gangsters in in Pedro.

9:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

attn condo buyers, from the Squid himself:

"home based crystal meth businesses"

What better reason to buy your home here? talk about profitable real estate...

1:11 AM  
Blogger Marshall Astor said...

I don't see the people who bought in the teeny weenie gated community of Oceanview Terrace complaining(off Pacific Ave, entrance on Hamilton Ave.). The block of Dennison directly behind their little suburbafortress was basically a 24 hour open air hard drug market in the late 90's and they still built a gated community right next to it. Condo buyers are like shock troops - they live for the glory of being the first ones into the breach.

6:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm taking the theory that someone simply died from digestive failure on the sidewalk soon after downing an entire Factory Special at the Burrito Factory next door to Harold's.

3:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To all you people who have nothing better to do with your lives except to get neck deep in other peoples lives. Why don't you dive into your own closets and post your dirty laundry. U should check your facts, do your homework, or stop spreading the bull your little brains imagine up. Because slander is thicker than your crap...

4:38 PM  
Blogger Marshall Astor said...

Anon - Are you referring to something specific? Is there some point or statement that you take specific exception to? It's somewhat difficult to take your statement seriously given the lack of context.

6:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

8:45am
He was not at Harolds.

7:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

whatever happened could have happened anywhere, the owner is NOT at fault, and people need to get all the facts straight before they start running their mouth about other peoples business!! i guess they don't have anything better to do!

9:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Spot - would you like to elaborate? I don't think I or anyone else here has any idea what happened at Harold's or if it had anything to do with the owner or anyone else.

7:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Harold's is nothing more than a meth haven for local trash. Everyone knows that the original owner turned over the place to her son who happens to be a tweeker. I wish someone would buy this place and change it to a respectable establishment.

9:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would just like to say the owner of Harolds is clean and sober. What happened on this day was a horrable thing still going thru trial no one wants to say anything about what these mother F________s did. This is why we have this problem here. The gangs run the town. This all over a cig. yes a marl red I beleive. One man stabbed 14 x the other on the heart. Why is one walking the streets less than a week after. So now you know had nothing to do with the owner.

3:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home