Wednesday, January 10, 2007

More Squid

All the early morning fishing boat action you can handle. It's gorgeous off Point Fermin at night, I highly recommend you check it out for yourself.

UPDATE - Blogging.la's Cybele put up a post with some technical details about the squid fishing operation itself.





4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am totally loving the squid boat coverage. Where else would I get that?

8:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting story. Did you get a chance to speak with any of the squid fishermen? I wonder where they sell the squid and if any, or how many, of them operate out of Fishermen's Wharf.

10:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Speaking of coverage, San Pedro got mention again on Curbed LA.:

"several of you, have been none too pleased with our selection of Long Beach as the next up and coming hipster hood. We chose Long Beach partially as a result of the "up and coming" label that has been affixed to Northeast LA for the last several years. How long can one neighborhood sustain the title before it's time to move on? We also chose Long Beach as a way to rub salt in the wounds of the haters in San Pedro. That should teach 'em good. "

(full text: http://la.curbed.com/archives/2007/01/frogtown_where.php )

Thanks, Marshall.

2:06 AM  
Blogger Marshall Astor said...

Anon #1 -I'm just shoot from the cliffs, so I haven't talked with any of the fishermen directly.

Anon #2 - I saw that over at Curbed. I wasn't too impressed with their pick of Long Beach, and I don't care if those guys want to call us out as haters.

6:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home