Sunday, January 07, 2007

RIP Mario & follow up

RIP---Mario-Danelo

I popped into my office real quick this morning and took a brief detour by Point Fermin to get a better grasp of were exactly Mario Denalo's body was found. I stopped to take a shot of the news crew and noticed the memorial graffiti above.

In the image below (which I presume in some way corresponds to the area in which his body was found) you can see another graffiti memorial, as well as a prominent warning sign. This is the corner of the park where all of the remote control airplane guys hang out, which makes sense, as that's who found the body. The news crew wasn't doing anything of real interest. I heard a radio report from NPR on my way back and they noted that the police still aren't listing a cause of death, not even whether the wounds that killed him came from falling, which may just be caution on their part. The only perspective I have on the situation is that his body was found in an area that's not really a "hangout" and where the bodies of jumpers have been found in the past, but that doesn't mean anything.

Mario-Danelo---News-Crew

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home