Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Speaking of the Warner Grand

One of those programming gems that is taking place at the Warner is this Saturday's performance by the Golden State Pops Orchestra, Video Game Soundtracks.

The lineup is pretty impressive, and they've got an equally impressive group of "Unlockable Players" who will be participating in the talk prior to the start of the performance. If there's one major unmissable piece they'll be performing it will be Gerard Marino's music from God of War. God of War was one of the most impressive games I ever played on the PS2, and it's soon to be released sequel will likely be the last great game of that console. With almost 20 games to choose from, I don't know what we should expect to hear from Final Fantasy, but I wouldn't be surprised to hear some tunes from Final Fantasy VII, AKA, "the game I lost Summer of 1999 to".

Conductor and Featured Artists

Steven Allen Fox, Team Master
Jason Livesay, Assistant Master

Unlockable Players

Gerard Marino, God of War
Tommy Talarico, Advent Rising and the creator of "Video Games Live"
Bob and Barn, MediEvil: Resurrection
Christopher Lennertz, Medal of Honor: European Assault
Jason & Nolan Livesay, Harry Potter & the Goblet of Fire DVD Game

Program

MediEvil: Resurrection
Halo
God of War
Advent Rising
Final Fantasy
Medal of Honor: European Assault
Harry Potter & the Goblet of Fire DVD Game
Everquest
and more...


The When and How Much

The show is this Saturday, February 3. The show starts at 8:00 PM, but there will be a stage side chat starting at 7:30, which I'm not missing for anything.

It's $20 to get in, $15 for seniors and $10 for students, children and soldiers.

You can buy tickets in advance from the GSPO website.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home