Saturday, July 14, 2007

Crazy Car Chase

Anyone hear anything about a weird high speed chase over at Berth 87 yesterday? I was over at Enterprise, picking up a rental van and I saw two black and white's chasing what looked like a white Honda civic around in circles and figure eights out on the dock. After they finally cornered the car, they tackled the hell out of the driver. I wasn't sure if they were goofing off or if it was a real incident, because I've seen the police having a lot of "slow day on the job" fun on the dock, racing their faux-Segways around and such.

Anyways, anybody hear anything about it?

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was this the port police or LAPD?

2:41 PM  
Blogger Marshall Astor said...

Looked like LAPD black and whites to me, but I was at a distance and in a hurry. There was also a port police SUV with a bunch of cops lounging against it watching the action. It was weird.

2:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Couldn't have been real. The SUV guys wouldn't have been kicking back out there, exposing themselves to potential crossfire like that. Methinks you were watching a little impromptu "training" session.

3:08 PM  
Blogger Marshall Astor said...

That's what I initially figured, but their driving was so erratic that I thought if they were training, they were certainly being a little reckless, especially when they were driving near the water.

6:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home