Thursday, July 19, 2007

Help Fix Gaffey Street! (Update)

First, the good news:

It appears someone is listening. Some of the worst parts of Gaffey near the entrance to the 110 freeway were recently patched. I saw two sections of road that were recently resurfaced.

Second, the bad news:
It's completely inadequate. The remaining section of the street from 1st to 25th is still a disaster. Potholes, crevices and cracks are everywhere. Perhaps an outside donor could be approached to fund the project...you know, one whose development is going to add thousands of new cars to San Pedro? He recently offered $1 million to the city. That's a paltry sum, given his potential profit. At a minimum, he should be made to pay for the complete resurfacing of Gaffey Street. If he knows what's good for him, he'll do it.

more info:
[link]

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I usually opt for Pacific when traveling across SP but had to take Gaffey last night and let me just say that it was a rattling experience.

9:51 AM  
Blogger M Richards said...

The real Mark Wells here.

The blog listed above is NOT associated with any person supporting R1 at Ponte Vista.

It may be from the imagination of the character "Tom Field" who remains unknown as to his true identity, in OUR community.

On that blog there are two comments listed coming from myself and another real person. This violates blog policies as enumerated on the blogspot.com web site.

I did create another blog which is at www.rneighborhoodsare1.blogspot.com which is an honest blog and can be identified as being created by a real person.

Blogs like the one originally created by "Tom Field" and now it seems the fantasy blog seem to have the tacid approval of Bisno Development and its employees who do read this blog and my other blog(s).

I also have an uncensored and unmoderated blog where some of the most vile and disturbing comments are listed coming from a supporter of Bob's or someone who has a grudge against me and/or the R1 community.

With the blog(s)from "Tom Field" and the comments on my uncensored blog, folks can get a picture of how low Bob and his bunch are willing to slither in their desperate attempts to alter the quality of life in OUR community in a downward way.

It is reasonable to challenge and argue issues, but to use name calling, foul language, personal attacks on bloggers and their family members, as well as other upstanding members of OUR community, is shameful to the supporters of Bob's and his entire organization, in my opinion.

On another point, I enjoyed reading the comments from the posts about the possible strike while I was vacationing in Alaska. There was some pretty fun back and forths going on and I am certainly not qualified to have joined in on that fray.
MW

3:44 PM  
Blogger Marshall Astor said...

I've deleted the link to the faux R1 blog - I'm considering it spam.

We rarely, if ever delete posts up here, but I'm not going to allow someone to try and mooch off the legitimacy of this site to promote attacks on people's character, or to make false statements.

7:16 AM  
Blogger M Richards said...

Thank you Calamari, I know you are responsible, reasonable, realistic, and respectful to all those who deserve respect.
MW

4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home