Friday, January 12, 2007

Mario Danelo memorial billboard















Today is the day of Mario Danelo's funeral, and while driving back to Pedro from a meeting I saw this billboard for the first time. They also had 7th - 9th streets at Gaffey closed for what looks like the biggest funeral train I've seen in a long time.

UPDATE - Both the Times and the Breeze covered the funeral at Mary Star today. According to the Breeze it was an overflow crowd of 2,000 mourners. Links below.

LA Times Coverage
LA Times Photo Gallery

Daily Breeze Coverage
Daily Breeze Photo Gallery

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tried to inform anyone I could to stay away from Western Avenue today.
Besides our community saying good-bye to Mario, we also bade farewell to an Iacono and a Mardesich.

This was a very sad week.

3:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sad indeed. I know about Joseph Mardesich, but which Iacono?

6:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home